Sunday, August 1, 2010

Destination Mexico

I had a relapse.... had takeout or went out 5 nights in the past week. It was so yummy to have all my old faves but I will admit- I missed my kitchen. My house didn't smell the same, my kitchen didn't feel the same and my pants aren't fitting the same. Hopefully, if we can avoid cancer diagnoses and job offers in war-torn countries, we will get back on track this week.


To kick off a yummy cooking week, we are heading to Mexico! I am recreating the buffalo cheese fries that we had on our cruise last summer (fries smothered in buffalo sauce and a blend of 3 cheeses topped with scallions, blue cheese crumbles and sour cream). I am turning them into the main dish and doing buffalo chicken strips on the side. We will be washing them down with some Dos Equis, well we will if Matt makes a beer run soon. Not the least bit healthy but fun and full of good memories. That, my dears, is what it is really all about.