Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Unexpected Inspirations

Cooking inspirations are everywhere. The other day I was feeding Rylan a jar of apples and chicken and it got me thinking... YUM. From there, the wheels started turning for a few days. What could I do to make a chicken and apples entree? Finally I settled on chicken baked with apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Sounds good, doesn't it. Eh, wrong. I thought it sucked. Matt, Ansley and my parents loved it. Too me, it was too dry. I think next time (yes, there will be a next time) I will marinade the chicken in apple juice and will cook it at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time.

It was nice, though, to have my parents over. My mom has thyroid cancer and ever since she had her surgery to remove the thyroid she has been SOOOOO tired. I called them at the last minute and invited them to come eat. Should have known better than to have them over when trying something new.

Tonight I am thinking Mushroom Pork medallions and sauteed spinach. I was going to wait until the weekend for this one but the mushrooms are telling me otherwise....