Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's a pizza party!

Matt and I have a group of friends that try to get together about once a month. Usually we do the same ol' thing. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and everyone brings their "best" side dish. Last week though, my girlfriend called me with an idea.... a pizza party. Everyone would bring their own ingredients and make a pizza for everyone to share. I immediately got excited and told her I would make my Wild Mushroom Pizza (see Pizza Heaven post). All week I thought about it, excited. On Friday though, Matt says "Hey hun, why don't you try a buffalo chicken pizza. I would REALLY like that." At first I told him, no way. I was excited and set on my Wild Mushroom Pizza but then the wheels started turning.... what would I do for sauce? How would I prep the chicken. By the time I woke on Saturday, my mind was made up. Buffalo Chicken Pizza it is.


Buffalo Chicken Pizza

FRESH uncooked pizza dough (mine was "fresh" from the Publix deli)
bleu cheese dressing
2 chicken breast, slow cooked for 8 hrs in crock pot
buffalo sauce
crumbled bleu cheese
2 cups mozzarella
scallions

When chicken breast is cooked, shred with fork and smother in buffalo sauce, set aside.

Roll out the dough to full size. Pour on bleu cheese dressing and smear to cover the crust. Top with chicken, mozzarella, bleu cheese, and scallions. Bake until crust is cooked completely.

Oh and yes, it is amazing.