Monday, September 20, 2010

Ordinary Turned Extraordinary!

Knowing I was going to spend 4 hours in a meeting today, I planned for a super easy dinner- ravioli and broccoli. Boring, I know, but I wanted quick and easy. When I got home, however, I wasn't nearly as worn out as I expected to be and the idea of ravioli and broccoli made me want to revert to old ways and rush out for some yummy take out. I knew though, that we really needed to be good (AKA money is tight this week) so I begrudgingly took out the pots and pans and got to work. I decided to roast the broccoli with garlic instead of steaming it and while I was chopping it I got another fabulous idea...toasted ravioli! We were out of bread crumbs but my dearest friend, Jen, was over and told me how easy it was so make my own. I made some bread crumbs and then battered the already boiled ravioli and tossed them in the skillet with a little EVOO. I had tried making it once and it was a total FAIL.I had baked it instead of "frying" it and it just tasted like ass. Not this time though....

It was AMAZING and it honestly only took me about 5 minutes longer than the boring, ordinary ravioli and broccoli I was already planning on making.

Photobucket

Toasted Ravioli and Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
Matt ****
Kristen ****
Ansley *** (not a fan of the broccoli)