Friday, July 23, 2010

Orzo, oh no?

I had always heard orzo was hard to prepare and was best left to the experts but last night I decided I was up for a challenge. I put on my apron, poured a glass of wine and got to work. I read the directions and then read them again. I was sure I was missing something. I couldn't figure out what the big fuss was, what was so hard? I followed the directions and while it boiled I chopped some tomatoes, basil (fresh from my porch) and feta. When it was done, I tossed it all together and added it next to the salmon on the plates. Ansley set the table (is she really that old already?) and I put down the plates explaining that I wasn't too sure how it would taste. I was convinced that I was missing "the hard part" and that it was going to taste horrible. Wrong- it was amazing!


Lemon Dill Salmon and Tomato Basil Orzo with Feta

Kristen **** (that would be generic stars)
Matt *****
Ansley ***** for the orzo, no stars for the salmon