Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ANYTHING you want!

That's what I told Ansley- she could have ANYTHING she wanted for her 5th birthday dinner. What did she choose- spaghetti and raw carrots, "on the side, not in the spaghetti"


Fast forward to the big day. I made an amazing spaghetti with meat sauce. The sauce was to die for with fresh garlic and basil, giant chunks of tomato and tons of meat. I put the plate in front of her (with the carrots on the side) and she crunched up her nose and gave me a look no 5 year old should be able to give.

"What's this?"
"Spaghetti, baby, just like you asked for"
"Not that sauce, I want the red sauce"
"Red sauce?"
"Yeah, like I had at my sleepover"

Turns out she wanted the plain, flavorless can o'tomato sauce. Really? Seriously?


I did win points though with the post dinner cupcakes I made for her and her neighborhood friends.